PA Dutch Funny Cake PieFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 1 unbaked pie shell shopping list
- Top Part: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Lower part: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Top part:
- Cream together sugar and butter or shortening.
- Combine the milk and egg alternately with the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and mix well again.
- Set aside until lower part is mixed.
- Lower part:
- Mix together the cocoa, sugar, water and vanilla.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Over this, pour the top part.
- The chocolate will come up around the outside edge, but that gives it a nice crusty edge on the finished product!
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until firm. (Do the toothpick test)
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!