Strawberry PavlovaFrom henrie 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl beat egg whites, salt and Cream of Tarter until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar one teaspoon at the time beating continously until incorporated into the egg whites. The mixture should look very thick, shinny and glossy.
- Sift Cornstarch onto beaten egg whites and fold in then fold in the Vinegar and Vanilla.
- Pipe or spoon this mixture into a circle the size of a plate onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Make another row ON THE TOP of that one but (leaving the center hollow) repeat till you've used up all the egg whites, usually done in 2-3 layers. I'll enclose a picture of this one so you can see how it's suppose to look finished.
- Bake in a slow oven 280* turning down if it starts to brown, bake 1 and 1/2 hours or till crisp and dry with a cracked top. Cool on tray then "carefully" peel off paper when cold.
- Fill with Whipped Cream and top with fresh Strawberries or your favorite fresh fruit.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating10 people
Oh Henrie, this iiiiiisssssssss sooooooooo Beautiful and I bet it is as good as it looks, can't wait to make it! yummmmmmmmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it
fab!iffyo in loved it
What a beautiful and elegant dessert, Henrie! And gluten-free, too. Hope you don't mind if I add it to a gf site. Thanks!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it