Low Country BoilFrom jemison 7 years ago
- 8 small or 4 medium red potatoes, cut in half shopping list
- 1 lb Hillshire Farm turkey or beef Kelbalsa, cut in 2" pieces shopping list
- 4 qt water (adjust liquid to cover all ingredients) shopping list
- 1-2 - 12 oz beer (1 for 2-4 people) shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 c Old Bay Seasoning, to your taste shopping list
- 1 T seafood seasoning shopping list
- ½ T seasoning salt shopping list
- ½ T salt or to taste shopping list
- 8 mini ears of corn shopping list
- 2 lb raw shrimp, rinse & see note shopping list
- 2 sticks butter or more to taste shopping list
- 2 large onions, cut in wedges (optional); I don't use - too pungent shopping list
How to make it
- Use a 10-12 quart pot .
- Wash potatoes and place in pot.
- Add sausage, water, beer, old bay, seafood seasoning, seasoning salt, salt, onion if desired.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are almost fork tender.
- Add corn and cook 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes or until pink (too long will toughen the shrimp).
- Pour the pot ingredients into a large strainer to drain.
- Place in a large attractive serving dish, large rectangle casserole dish, roaster, or aluminum pan (your choice).
- Serve immediately. 8 servings.
- Meanwhile, melt covered butter in a microwave safe dish. Pour the butter in individual dishes for each person if serving a small group or pour over the entire drained mixture once it has been placed in the serving dish and toss lightly to cover all ingredients.
- Water should have a reddish color.
- Use the number or potatoes and corn for the number of people serving only
- I buy frozen deveined shrimp with the tail on or E-Z peel frozen deveined shrimp.
- Use ½ pound of shrimp for 1-2 people or full pound for 4 people. Use 2 pounds if you like shrimp.
- Remove from pot immediately. If left in the pot, the mixture will absorb too much of the spices and will not be as attractive.
- Oriental tea cups are good to serve the butter in.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookjemison Huntersville, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!