FleischsalatFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- Fleischsalat (meat salad)is made with Ring bologna(or german lunch meat on bologna side anything really goes as in Leona bologna too), shopping list
- 3 Ring bologna (or some type of german lunch meat like: Leona or some wursts. shopping list
- 1 Jar German pickles (dill pickles is fine), I add to taste shopping list
- mayonnaise to taste, You need to add a good amount until well coated shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- A good whole grain german bread is the best but we serve this on great Italian rolls too(only if we run out of german grain bread, it is almost black). Or a good german rye. shopping list
- You don't have to make alot of this. Just cut as much bologna or lunch meat you wish and make a single portion. Its all to taste really. shopping list
How to make it
- Slice Ring Bologna in 1/4" slices. Cut these slices in fine cubes or strips, dice the pickles as well pretty fine.
- Add Mayonnaise and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 10-12 people.
- If I use the Leona german lunch meat, I cut it chunky.
- But you can use any bologna actually.
- I like it cut thin and in strips.
- Add the mayo and pickles just mix in well and coat it nicely.
- I always drink a cup of tea with this. Yes beer is good too!
- Alternate version: You cut the luncheon meat and dice alot of onions thinly and just add oil and vinegar, salt and pepper.
- It is all so good. Can serve deviled eggs with it, sliced cheeses, pickled red beets.
The Cookrecipediva Philly, PA
The Rating1 people
Yes it does sound like a curse word but is fleish (meat) salad (salat) but dont ask me cause I am Italian hehe RD thanks for the figgy comment and my husband loves that ring bologna! havw a good day!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it