Beef Stew Moroccan StyleFrom sunny 7 years ago
- 3 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 3/4 Lbs beef tenderloin - 1 in cubes shopping list
- 1 LG onion - Chopped shopping list
- 1 Large carrot - Chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped shopping list
- 1 t paprika shopping list
- 2 t ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 C beef broth shopping list
- 1 15 oz can garbonzo beans shopping list
- 1/2 golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro - chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 T oil in a large heavy Skillit. Sprinkle beef with a little salt and pepper and brown on all sides. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 T oil to pot and onion, carrot and garlic. Cook till soft, stirring frequently - about 10 min.
- Add spices, stir one minute till well incorporated
- Add beef broth, garbonzo beans and raisins - bring to boil. Simmer untill juices thicken a bit - about 5 min.
- Add beef and cilantro to pot and stir till heated through.
- Great served over couscous
People Who Like This Dish 62
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating10 people
This recipe was easy and really tasty great success and wonderful as leftovers. My big decision is to use a really tender steak, which I cut up, next time as this doesn't have time to tenderize during the relatively short cooking process. Having sa...moreborinda in SoCal loved it
i made this tonight but substituted ground beef for the beef tenderloin.. i also didn't have raisins so i used dried cherries. turned out delicious! no leftovers to speak of. thanks for a spiffy recipe!tinabeans in Boston loved it
I made this last night. Except I added 3 sliced purple potatoes, one fresh hot green chili, diced celery, one diced tomato, and i didn't add any raisins. I also used cinnamon stick. I didn't serve it over cous cous but that sounded great too. The mea...morejewlia in Soquel loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!