IRISH COLCANNON WITH BACONFrom softshellcrab 8 years ago
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 3 slices bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a dutch over or large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover potatoes. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to med. low; simmer 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon iin large skillet on med. heat until crisp, stiring occasionally. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Stir onion into drippings; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add 1/2 cup water; stir to release browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add cabbage; mix well.
- Cover and cook 7 minutes or until cabbage is tender and water has evaporated. Drain potatoes; return to saucepan. Add butter. Mash potatoes until creamy, gradually adding milk. Add cabbage mixture, bacon, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended.
The Cooksoftshellcrab Albuquerque, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!