Frosted Apple Bite CookiesFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- cookies shopping list
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ cup half-and-half shopping list
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (Saigon cinnamon is excellent!) shopping list
- 1 good sized apple, peeled, cored, and finely diced shopping list
- cinnamon glaze (or a good caramel frosting works well, too - just omit the cinnamon from the frosting in that case) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (you know I like that Saigon cinnamon!) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons (or more, as needed) half-and-half shopping list
- NOTE: PLEASE SEE COMMENTS IN "ALTERATIONS" (beneath "Comments" section below) shopping list
How to make it
- For the cookies, cream together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix in egg, extract and half-and-half.
- Add dry ingredients, folding in diced apples lastly.
- Drop by spoonful onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, just until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on waxed paper. When cool, frost with the Cinnamon Glaze.
- To prepare the frosting, melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave.
- Stir in powdered sugar, cinnamon and enough half-and-half to make it a nice spreading consistency.
- NOTE: I know the instructions say to frost the cookies when completely cooled, but I like to spread the frosting while they are still just slightly warm, allowing the frosting to “glaze” onto the cookie and absorb into the cookie itself just a bit. You can try it, if you like, and see which way you prefer.