Festive Peppermint BarkFrom noir 6 years ago
How to make it
- Line an 11 x 17-inch baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over lightly boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Stir in ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract (or more to taste).
- Spread chocolate evenly onto the prepared sheet, using an off-set spatula.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Melt white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over lightly boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract, (or more to taste) then add candy canes and stir to combine.
- Spread white chocolate mixture over chilled dark chocolate, spreading to the edge of the pan with an off-set spatula.
- Chill until set, about four hours or overnight.
- Refrigerate until just before serving, then break into pieces and serve or package as gifts.
- Will keep in fridge for 5 - 6 weeks (or more...).
- **Options**· The recipe could be changed slightly by using nuts or crushed cinnamon or butterscotch candies instead of peppermint to create different types and tastes but along with changing the topping, I would suggest a change of extract - vanilla, lemon, coconut, coffee...the possibilities and combinations are endless! Enjoy! :)
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
This is EXACTLY what I am looking for!!!! Thanks for posting! I love this stuff!!! Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, etc....
Fantastic! My relatives are requesting it again this year!
Just made it again, third year in a row. I declare this an official holiday tradition!