Festive Peppermint BarkFrom noir 8 years ago
How to make it
- Line an 11 x 17-inch baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over lightly boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Stir in ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract (or more to taste).
- Spread chocolate evenly onto the prepared sheet, using an off-set spatula.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Melt white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over lightly boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract, (or more to taste) then add candy canes and stir to combine.
- Spread white chocolate mixture over chilled dark chocolate, spreading to the edge of the pan with an off-set spatula.
- Chill until set, about four hours or overnight.
- Refrigerate until just before serving, then break into pieces and serve or package as gifts.
- Will keep in fridge for 5 - 6 weeks (or more...).
- **Options**· The recipe could be changed slightly by using nuts or crushed cinnamon or butterscotch candies instead of peppermint to create different types and tastes but along with changing the topping, I would suggest a change of extract - vanilla, lemon, coconut, coffee...the possibilities and combinations are endless! Enjoy! :)
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Wow and easy to make to boot! Another great gift idea for Christmas! You go girl! *smile* Tops!pink in USA loved it
This is a must do ....soooo I did.....Keith 'the muncher' has been doing well by it! TYmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Like it!shuga in United States loved it