Seafood Lasagna With Brandied-Basil Cream SauceFrom efitobx 9 years ago
- 8 cups ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese shopping list
- ¾ pound provolone cheese; shredded shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 24 fresh basil leaves; chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoons black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound lasagna noodles; cooked shopping list
- 24 large shrimp; cut lengthwise, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 pound lump crabmeat shopping list
- 2 pound sea scallops; large dice shopping list
- 9 thin slices provolone cheese shopping list
- brandied-Basil Cream Sauce shopping list
- 2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- ½ cup cognac or brandy shopping list
- 12 fresh basil leaves; chopped shopping list
- 1 cup shrimp stock shopping list
- ½ cup Parmesan Reggiano cheese shopping list
- salt and white pepper; to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- This recipe should make 3 layers.
- In a bowl, mix together ricotta, Parmesan, shredded provolone, eggs, basil and black pepper.
- Spray the bottom of a lasagne pan with a cooking spray. Add a layer of noodles.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture to cover noodle layer and top with a layer of shrimp, crabmeat and scallops.
- Repeat steps again, ending with a layer of noodles until you have completed the process 3 times.
- Arrange provolone cheese slices on top of lasagna.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Bring heavy cream, cognac, basil leaves and stock to a boil. Reduce mixture to preferred consistency.
- Add Parmesan cheese, stirring to melt, and remove from the heat.
- To serve, cut into portions and place lasagna on a plate. Generously spoon Brandied-Basil Cream Sauce over the top and garnish with fresh basil.
- NOTES : Chef's Note: Use Minor's shrimp base to make the shrimp stock or make your own shrimp stock by boiling together and reducing by 2/3 the following ingredients: shells from 5 pounds of shrimp
- 1 peeled Bermuda
- 1 onion studded with 8 whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 5 quarts of water.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating5 people
This is one I am going to have to make, but I will be skipping the scallops. How nice to be able to afford lobster!! I've never even tried it. I love the cream sauce!!
invisiblechef in loved it
I tried this but switched many of the seafood ingredients , using just shrimp and fresh silver salmon. LOVE the basil sauce, will keep this around for a long time!
Marieinvisiblechef in loved it
5 forks. I love the detailed instructions and will save this one for my fall menu.choclytcandy in loved it