Mango Coconut Sorbet SwirlFrom stonesoup 6 years ago
- for the mango sorbet:
- 4/5cup water shopping list
- 2 large mangos shopping list
- 3 tablespoons liquid glucose or corn syrup shopping list
- juice 1 lemon shopping list
- 8oz castor sugar shopping list
- for the coconut sorbet:
- 4oz castor sugar shopping list
- 17oz coconut cream shopping list
- 9oz coconut milk shopping list
How to make it
- To make mango sorbet: glucose, combine water, and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Increase the heat and boil for a minute then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Peel and de-seed the mangos and puree flesh until very smooth. Combine lemon juice, mango puree and sugar syrup and refrigerate until chilled. Freeze in an ice-cream machine (follow your manufacturer’s directions).
- For the coconut. Combine coconut milk and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Increase the heat and boil for a min then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Stir through the coconut cream and refrigerate until chilled. Freeze in an ice-cream machine (follow the manufacturer’s directions).
- You want both sorbets to be the same consistency so if the mango is a little more frozen, remove from the freezer for a few minutes. Place tablespoonfuls of each sorbet randomly in a large bowl and swirl to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and cover the surface of the sorbet with cling wrap (this helps reduce the formation of ice crystals). Freeze until ready to serve.
The Cookstonesoup Syndey, AU
The Rating15 people
Sounds absolutely delicious. Must try thismagpieno6 in Fleetwood, Fylde. G.B. loved it
Yeah, you will not be disappointed guys. This was pretty awesome. Great recipe.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
Nice recipe! :Dnlt in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!