Homemade Chicken Noodle SoupFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 1 pound chicken breast fillets shopping list
- 1 pound chicken thigh fillets shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrot shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 cups egg noodles shopping list
- Garnish shopping list
- minced fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Rub a little vegetable oil over the surface of each piece of chicken and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven when it's done and set it aside to cool.
- 3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery in the saucepan for just 4 to 5 minutes. You don't want to brown the veggies.
- 4. Dice the chicken and add it to the pot along with the remaining ingredients, except the noodles.
- 5. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- 6. Add the noodles and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender. Serve with a pinch of minced fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
People Who Like This Dish 92
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating14 people
One of my favorites....can't beat it! Grew up on it and have cooked it for many people! Your recipe is just about like I cook it, depending on the chicken. Sometimes I cook the entire chicken, if not, your way! It really does help a cold! :) GREAT RE...morerosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Had this last week.. using the left over turkey.. Yummmmmmers!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
mmmmmmmmm, this sounds Wonderful!! I LOVE Soup, especially Chicken Noodle, my Grandmother was a Southern Cook & made something close to this, but it was a Flat Dumpling that you cut into the Chicken & Broth, excellent for a Cold Winter Day in the Mid...moretannzzi in Portage loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!