Low Country Cookies Recipe courtesy Paula DeenFrom henrie 8 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) box graham crackers shopping list
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 cup or 3 (1/2-ounce) cans shredded coconut shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- For the filling: Line a 13 by 9-inch pan with whole graham crackers. Melt the butter in saucepan and add sugar. Beat the egg and milk together; add to butter mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add the nuts, coconut, and 1 cup graham cracker crumbs. Pour over the crackers in the pan. Cover with another layer of whole graham crackers.
- For the topping: Beat all the ingredients together and spread over top layer of crackers.
- Chill. Cut into squares.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating15 people
Wow, these sound Wonderful, So much for my Diet lol......maybe I will just try 1 or 2.....or 3 or 4 lmao!! Thanks for posting it, I Enjoy Graham Cracker Dessertstannzzi in Portage loved it
Sound good to me ...you have my 5 henrie:)caramia in loved it
Ok Henrie I don't know if I should be mad at you for posting this recipe or jump for joy! These are beyond good and if I could give you a higher rating I would. I only had enough graham crackers for a 9 inch pan so I had to cut the recipe in half. Th...moremichelle73 in Melville loved it