Banh MiFrom vanessa 9 years ago
- 1 knob of ginger, about 1.5" x 1.5", peeled and chopped fine shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 cayenne shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coriander shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 4 chicken breasts sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 2 carrots, grated shopping list
- 1 piece of daikon, about 3 inches long, grated shopping list
- 5 green onions sliced into long strips shopping list
- cilantro, leaves only, washed shopping list
- mayonnaise shopping list
- french baguette shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a gallon ziploc bag. Mush around with your hand to mix well. Add the chicken and allow this to marinate for 30 minutes - 2hours.
- Grate the daikon first and put it in a small bowl and cover it with rice vinegar. This will give it a pickle like flavor. Prepare the other veggies.
- Saute the chicken in a skillet on really high heat. Let it brown. It'll make a big mess in your pan but it'll clean up okay.
- Heat the baguettes up in the oven or a toaster oven just until the crust gets warm. Slice them down the middle and put mayo inside on both sides. Now load the chicken on and then carrots, daikon, onions, and cilantro. Good stuff.
The Cookvanessa Middleton, WI
The Rating10 people
Healthy and fabulous..Thanksmarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Absolutely wonderful. thank you for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Still a great sandwich and so yummy NOM NOMnotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!