New Age Green Bean CassaroleFrom paprikamama 9 years ago
- 2 lbs green bean fresh or frozen shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 small red pepper, sliced and then chopped smaller. shopping list
- 6 oz. mushrooms - button or portobello, sliced shopping list
- 6 oz. cheese - goat and cream cheese. shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- brown sugar shopping list
- plain bread crumbs shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
- flat leaf parsley fresh - for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- trim fresh whole green beans, or frozen green beans.
- cover with water and cook for about 3 minutes.
- in a cassarole dish, combine beans with button mushrooms and sliced red peppers.
- toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to coat.
- roast in oven for 15 minutes at 375.
- saute onion wedges in olive oil and brown sugar, just until tender.
- toss cooked onions with bread crumbs to coat for classic onion ring crispiness.
- blend softened cream cheese with goat cheese.
- toss with warm vegetables and place back in baking dish, top with onions and Bake in oven at 400 for 5 to 8 minutes til heated through.
- scatter fresh snipped parsley on top for a peppery flavor when done.
- recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.