Shrimp ScampiFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1/4 lb shrimp shopping list
- 2 cloves Pressed garlic shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- A dash of cayenne shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tsp Sherry shopping list
- I Pinch lemon zest shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Defrost the shrimp if they're frozen and peel them.
- In a small bowl combine the shrimp, garlic, salt, cayenne, and olive oil.
- Set that aside for a few minutes to let things marinate.
- If the shrimp are still a little bit frozen be sure to let it sit until they are completely thawed.
- They'll cook better if they're closer to room temp than cold.
- Over medium heat, in a small pan, melt the butter.
- Don't get the pan too hot. If it's too hot you'll burn the garlic, boil off the yummy shrimp flavor, and probably overcook the shrimp.
- As soon as the butter melted, add the shrimp.
- Let them simmer on one side until they're done half way through and then turn them and cook till done., 3 minutes total.
- Just before the shrimp are just done add the sherry, lemon zest, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Stir everything together and cook for a few seconds more. At this point they are ready to serve.
- Crusty bread and a salad plus a side of pasta and sweet dessert go well.
People Who Like This Dish 50
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Scampi! Love scampi! My husband will be my slave after I fix him this...he'll do anything for scampi...lol Thanks for sharing!laurakaay in Oroville loved it
Oh you have out done yourself Joymarie. I know I say that often about your recipes! Complete with the brandy fortified sherry wine so delicious with succulent shrimp steeped in a garlic sauce. Now do you hear that knock at your door , it is me and I ...moretrigger in loved it
This was a HUGE hit! Delicious, incredibly easy, and quick.warsawnan in Warsaw loved it
Comfort Foods775 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Fish And Seafood308 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Italian Group96 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
The Cooking Guild9 members
Family Favorites141 members