Irish Apple Maple Pork ChopsFrom lor 8 years ago
- 4 - 6 oz. boneless pork loin chops shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup good Irish whiskey or bourbon shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 1 apple, washed, peeled, cored and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pork chops in a heavy skillet about 10 - 12 minutes on medium heat.
- Do not over cook the chops.
- Remove & keep warm.
- Add to the skillet the oil, garlic, bourbon & cover.
- Cook over high heat 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, maple syrup, apple, salt & pepper cooking until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the thyme & cook 1 minute.
- Serve sauce over the chops.
- Can be served with either spuds or noodles!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating9 people
Great post.I'll be doing this with brandy,my favorite beverage,a high 5..........robertg in loved it
This recipe takes me back home in a big way. Thank you for posting this winner.mishi in loved it
My neighbor is Irish and has been missing her country. I'm hoping this recipe will perk her up and remind her of her homeland and family. Great high 5 recipe!chacha in New York loved it