Gingerbread SconesFrom pinkpasta 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup light molasses shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 7 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut up shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Measure milk in a glass cup measure; add molasses to the 2/3 cup mark and stir to blend
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add buttetr and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers, until mixture looks like fine granuals. Stir milk mixture and add. Stir with a fork to form a smooth, rather soft dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and give 10 - 12 kneads. Cut dough in half. Knead each half briefly into a ball, turn smooth side up, and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Pat each piece of dough into a 5-inch circle; cut into 6 - 8 wedges; leave sides touching. Bake about 10 minutes, or until medium brown. Do not overbake. Cool, loosely wrapped in a cloth, on a wire rack.
- makes 12 - 16 scones
People Who Like This Dish 31
- deadpossum Wellington, New Zealand
- MzSandra63 Nowhere, Us
- lisabsjisd Friday Harbor, WA
- melanerd Irwindale, CA
- meesh Nowhere, Us
- Hamiltonian Nowhere, Us
- lemonlavenderlane Northern, Wisconsin
- shibattou Fort Mohave, AZ.
- bigpapahhh Nowhere, Us
- proudusafwife Nowhere, Us
- Plus 21 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpinkpasta Upstate, SC
The Rating8 people
How did I miss this one..I should have saw it first..hee-hee! I love scones and gingerbread. Thank you!michellem in Idaho loved it
I will have to try these, they sound delicious.debwin in Toronto loved it
Oh I forgot I saw this one all ready..hee-hee! Between these scones and my dip Im gonna need 2 extra days of spin class!michellem in Idaho loved it