Internationally Acclaimed Pecan CookieFrom thegoldminer 9 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter in the microwave like in the picture. Most of the cube melted.
- Sprinkly salt over the butter, stir, then add the vanilla and water and stir well.
- Add powdered sugar, mix well.
- Add flour, mix well.
- Add nuts and mix well. I usually have to use my hands to really mix this last part.
- Pinch a small amount and make a ball about an inch round at most 3/4 inch is better. The smaller size is better as you want these to just pop the whole thing, one bite. Otherwise, the powdered sugar falls on your shirt or blouse. If you want to make the real pecan cookie you need to shape the ball by rolling in you palms sideways to look like a pecan cookie. This is the prettiest design by the messiest to eat. 3/4 inch is best.
- If your making hundreds, the small ball works as it is a single bite. Load up the cookie sheet. I keep a wet cloth to keep my fingers and palms wet or wipe off dough as it easier to roll the dough.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 17 minutes. Remove and insert new sheet of cookies. Have a bowl of powdered sugar ready. Carefully pick and roll each cookie in sugar and place on a plate/platter. You want to roll them while they are hot.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating16 people
These sound great JJ. As always... I'm nuts about nuts. Your pics are great, but of course, you know this!!!liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
I love these cookies. They sound easy to make and I bet they'll be beautiful with my cookie assortment at my Christmas Eve party. :)cookinwithjen in Goldsboro loved it
We love these cookies!organicmama in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!