Potato StrataFrom chacha 7 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 2 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onions shopping list
- 1 cup cut broccoli florets (frozen are fine) shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped turkey bacon or turkey ham (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/3 cup evaporated fat-free milk shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 8-ounce cartons refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- fresh basil sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange hash brown potatoes and broccoli in bottom of baking dish. Top with turkey bacon or ham.
- Set aside.
- Stir milk gradually into flour in a medium bowl.
- Stir in egg product, half of the cheese, the snipped or dried basil, and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with fresh basil or parsley sprigs.
- Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Make-ahead: Assemble as above, but do not bake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, remove cover and bake as directed above.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating6 people
Thank you so much for this recipe. Looks delicious and I'm always looking for new & healthy scrumptious dishes. This will go down well with a crisp green salad.chazah in Kempton Park loved it
A brilliant recipe, Chacha! This is going on our table soon as I just have to try this! Thank you for another wonderful recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Gr8t Post ChaCha, I will make this soon and maybe eat it all my self...lolturtle66 in Sacramento loved it