Shrimp And White Bean StewFrom saltymike 8 years ago
- 2 lbs. med to large shrimp, peeled & de-veined shopping list
- 4 strips bacon shopping list
- ½ cups onions, diced shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, diced shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 lb. dry white beans shopping list
- 1 large ham hoc shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dry chopped parsley shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. flour + ¼ cup cold water (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans overnight in 4 cups water. Next morning add additional 4 cups water, bay leaves and ham hoc to pot, season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook beans until tender. Add water as necessary. Remove bay leaves and skin and bones from ham hoc.
- Rinse, peel & de-vein the shrimp and set them aside for later.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Crumble bacon, add onion, garlic, celery and parsley and cook until the onions turn clear.
- Add shrimp to skillet and lightly sauté until just turning pink.
- Add shrimp, bacon and veggies mixture to the beans.
- If bean stock is too thin mix 2 Tbsp flour with ¼ cup cold water, blend until smooth and add to pot. Bring stew to a fast boil and the flour will thicken the stock.
- Serve hot with buttered cornbread.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksaltymike Naples, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!