Spicy Minnesota Curry ChickenFrom cabincrazyone 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 Cups of bite-size chicken pieces (about 1-1/2 to 2 breasts) shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cups coarsely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 Cup diced fresh tomato or canned tomato minus juice shopping list
- 4 jalapeno peppers chopped, more or less to taste. (any type chili pepper, this is where you control the heat) shopping list
- 1/2 Tblspn ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 Tblspn ground garlic shopping list
- 1 tspn salt shopping list
- 3 Tblspn olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 Cup white wine shopping list
- 6 oz. plain yogurt shopping list
- -------- shopping list
- 2 Tblspn curry powder shopping list
- 1 Tblspn garam marsala shopping list
- 1/2 tspn chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tspn cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tspn termaric shopping list
- 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the seven dry spices at the bottom of the list.
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil, stir in the dry spices and brown. It takes about one minute. Stir the entire time so it doesn't burn.
- Add onions and tomatoes, cook on high heat another 2 minutes until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger and salt, cook another minute on high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown 4 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and stir, scraping the stuck bits from the pan bottom. You are de-glazing with the wine.
- After the wine cooks down a bit, turn to medium, cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Serve over rice.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookcabincrazyone Duluth, MN
The Rating4 people
This is my kind of meal. Thanks.. Love your bio. you are too funny '5'brianna in loved it
This sounds like my kind of curry. I won't take the top of your head off. looks great.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Oh Yea! Minnesota spicy is ketshup. I'm going to give this a try. I'm a big fan of Thai food since I made at trip to Bankok 3 years ago. 5 starsdarlenel in West St Paul loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!