Grandmas Real Italian MeatballFrom yomomma 5 years ago
- Large Package ground round or sirloin or beef (3-5 pounds) shopping list
- ! pound hot and/ or sweet sausage--take out of casing (Can also use ground turkey or chicken) shopping list
- 6-8 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- Handful chopped fresh or dried sweet basil shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoon crushed red pepper (add more according to preference) shopping list
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk shopping list
- These amounts are estimates and can be varied. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Have baking pans ready to go, I use the disposable ones for easy clean up
- In a large bowl add meat.
- Make a well in the middle of the meat mixture
- Put eggs in the middle of the well
- Chop garlic finely, put in the well
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix by hand . Try not to over mix
- Roll into golf ball size balls. If you have teenagers boys roll into softball size balls
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to your spaghetti sauce and let simmer for 2-3 hours in the sauce to have the flavors blend. The longer they cook, the more tender they are. Some of the flavoring in the bottom of the baking pan can be added to help flavor your sauce.
- Let extra meatballs cool, and freeze in zip lock bag.
The Cookyomomma Danvers, MA
The Rating11 people
Hats off to Grandma... these are so much like my Aunts... they must be related! Great... !!!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I love this recipe.... sounds wonderful......zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
oh, yes, yes, YESSSS! i can taste them - remembering the 'little old italian lady' in an italian delicatessen on long island who served these to customers. just two 'stand-up-tables'- but what a joy it was. and she gave me her recipe which got lost o...morekochhexe in Butzbach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!