Celery VinaigretteFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 12 celery ribs, thinly sliced crosswise, soaked in ice water shopping list
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 cup of lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 head soft leaf lettuce of choice, bibb or boston/you want the contrast against the crisp celery shopping list
- 1 tbsp of chopped capers shopping list
- 4 ounces pecorino or asiago cheese shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- If you have old tough celery, de-string the ribs.
- Slice fairly thin on the diagonal because it looks prettier.
- Soak in ice water for at least 20 minutes.
- Whisk lemon & lime juice with the dijon mustard and shallot, stream in olive oil and whisk away til combined. Add a touch more oil if you think it is too tart.
- Season with a sprinkle of kosher salt and lots of cracked black pepper.
- Toss part of the dressing with the soft lettuce leaves
- Toss remaining dressing with the celery.
- Put lettuce on plate, top with celery.
- Garnish top with a sprinkle of chopped capers and shavings of cheese.
- Alternately, I have chopped up some green pimento stuffed olives and added them to the celery when I was short on capers and I like it nearly as well.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
Wow! I just bought a gorgeous bunch of organic celery from the farmers' market - dark, dark green, very stringy but with a sharp, deep celery flavor and scent that blows my mind. Came here looking for a recipe that would treat it as the starring l...morelagoulue in New York loved it
Now that I've actually made and eaten this recipe, I only wish there were more than 5 stars I could give it. Delicious!!!lagoulue in New York loved it
This was a big hit at a supper I had with the girls, and then I also took it to a family picnic. Big hit. Both times I used the dressing on a chopped salad. Great recipe.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it