Caramelized Onion Mashed PotatoesFrom lillyann 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 2 large vidalia onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved (I use 4 cloves) shopping list
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese ( I use sharp) shopping list
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 1 tsp dried tarragon shopping list
- 2 tbs. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onions and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir for 15 mins. or until moisture has evaporated and onions are completely wilted. Reduce heat to medium low. Cook and stir for 30-40 minutes or until onions are caramelized. (If necessary, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if onions stick to the pan.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes and garlic on a large saucepan;cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 18 to 22 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl and mash. Add the sour cream, milk, pepper, tarragon, Parmesan and remaining salt; mash until blended. Stir in caramelized onions.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with butter, sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating13 people
Perfect! :-) Thanksberry in loved it
OMG....I'm in heaven with this recipe...a big thumbs up for adding this one...Thank youhooch in New Zealand loved it
These look awesome, thank you for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it