Hot Pickled OkraFrom saltymike 6 years ago
How to make it
- Wash okra and place on paper towels to dry.
- Sterilize five or six pint sized canning jars with lids and rings. (Follow jar manufacturer’s directions for sterilizing.)
- Place washed, dried okra, sliced garlic, and fresh pepper in jars until jars are full. (It helps to alternate okra, one stem up and one stem down.)
- Place vinegar, water pickling salt and celery seed in a large sauce pan and bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil mixture 3-4 minutes and immediately (while still boiling) pour over okra, garlic and peppers.
- Make sure contents of each jar are completely submersed in the hot liquid.
- Tightly seal each jar. Allow to cool, then wash/rinse the outside of each jar and dry.
- Let stand 3 weeks before serving. Pickled okra can be stored on pantry shelf.
- Refrigerate before serving.
The Cooksaltymike Naples, FL
The Rating7 people
I've done this before also... I want to make these for sure.. the directions are needed for me..lolshirleyoma in Cove loved it
Love these, would also like to make them, but need the directions - Please.henrie in Savannah loved it
Wow! My grandmother used to make something similar to this. Brings back memories. Canning seems to be a lost art in this world of fast food. She even used to have a *root cellar* where she kept everything she had canned for the winter. Obviously...morekimmer in Dunedin loved it