Loaded Garlic Smashed PotatoesFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 2 medium garlic bulbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 6 bacon slices shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 pounds red potatoes shopping list
- 1 sour cream (16 oz) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- Garnish: chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off pointed ends of garlic bulbs; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle with oil; fold foil to seal.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes; cool; squeeze pulp from garlic; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels; reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon, and return to skillet; add green onions; cook 1 min ute or until onions are tender; set aside.
- Peel half of potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch pieces; cut remaining unpeeled potatoes into 1/4 inch pieces as well.
- Cook potatoes in a Dutch oven in boiling salt water to cover 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add roasted garlic pulp, bacon mixture, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, and next 4 ingredients.
- Mash with a potato masher until blended.
- Spoon potato mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish; top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with chives.
- 8 to 10 servings.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating4 people
Mmmmmmm! Mmmmmm! Mmmmmm! Thank you!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Incredible....I can just see them on my plate now.....;Dwynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
oh yeah, baby! LOVE it.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Southern Essentials226 members
Southern Cooks560 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Anything Goes287 members
We Love It But135 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Companys Coming115 members
Home Cooking58 members
Friends In The Kitchen315 members