Original German Chocolate Cake With Coconut Pecan FrostingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate squares shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs separated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- Filling and Topping: shopping list
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups pecans chopped shopping list
- 10 whole pecans halves for garnish shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Melt chocolate in water then cool.
- Cream butter and sugar then beat in egg yolks.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate.
- Mix flour, soda and salt then beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form then fold into batter.
- Pour batter into three cake pans lined on bottoms with waxed paper.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then cool 15 minutes and remove and totally cool on wire rack.
- For filling cook milk, eggs and water over a double boiler until thickened.
- Add vanilla and butter then whisk until it is melted and smooth.
- Add the chopped pecans and coconut.
- Spread between layers and over tops and sides of cake.
- Garnish with pecan halves.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!