3 Layers Chocolate Ganache CakeFrom ahmed1 9 years ago
- caramelized hazelnuts: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- ½ cup hazelnuts shopping list
- Dissolve the sugar in the water in a saucepan over a medium heat, boil without stirring till caramelized (8minutes).Stir in the hazelnuts till all combined and spread on an oiled baking sheet. Leave to cool. shopping list
- chocolate Cake: shopping list
- 4 ounces (120 grams) unsweetened chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup (28 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed) shopping list
- 1 cup (240 ml) boiling water shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups (315 grams) all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk shopping list
- For the chocolate filling shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 12 ounces (340 gram) semi–sweet chocolate, diced shopping list
- 2 ounces (60 gram) butter, at room temperature shopping list
- For the finishing and the glaze shopping list
- ¾ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 6 ounces (180 gram) semi–sweet chocolate, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp clear honey. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and line with parchment paper, a 23 x 5 cm loose bottomed baking pan. Set aside.
- In a stainless steel or heatproof bowl place the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder. Pour the boiling water over the chocolate and cocoa powder and stir until they have melted. Set aside to cool while you make the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is fluffy (this will take about 3-5 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and melted chocolate mixture and beat to combine.
- Add the milk and flour mixtures in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat only until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- When completely cooled, split the cake into 3 layers; place one layer in the same baking pan after you have washed it.
- Chocolate filling:
- Put the cream in a saucepan and turn the heat to medium. Remove the pan from the heat immediately before the cream starts boiling. Add the diced chocolate, and stir until dissolved.
- In a small bowl, using a spatula or a fork beat the butter until soft. Stir the butter into the cream and let it cool at room temperature for about 2 hours. Spread 1/3 of the filling over the cake half and sprinkle some caramelized hazelnuts over . Place a second layer on top and repeat layering using same amount of the filling and hazelnuts. Finish with the last layer and spread the rest of the filling overt the top and sides of the cake. Place the cake in the refrigerator.
- Make the glaze:
- Get the cream to a simmer over a medium heat in a heavy saucepan, add the diced chocolate and stir till smoothed. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then add the honey.The honey gives a shiny look to the glaze but you can omit it if you don’t want that much of sweet taste. Whisk till smoothed and mixture begins to thicken. Pour
- the mixture immediately over the cake and tilt the rack or use a spatula to cover all the surface and sides. Refrigerate at least for 2 hours.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating21 people
Awesome!!! Heavenly, decadent, what else?liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
Oh My! out of this world.... Thanks again.berry in Winter Park loved it
Thank you so much...this looks very good! Your pictures are wonderful...!!!michellem in Idaho loved it