Mammas CornbreadFrom tnacndn 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Mix all ingredients except milk very well.
- Start adding milk a little at a time to mix well.
- Continue adding milk and stirring until mixture is a consistency of a thick soup.If you get it too thin add a little more flour.
- I always bake in an iron skillet sprayed with cooking spray and after I spray it I put it in the hot oven for about 1 minute and my corn bread never sticks to the skillet (I posted a pic of the corn bread while it is in the skillet and after it is turned out onto a plate).
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 76
The Cooktnacndn Jasper, TN
The Rating17 people
My dad would make cornbread and put syrup over it for breakfast. Every now and again I make it like that for my kids.jess in Tracy loved it
From a fellow southerner.... Now THAT'S cornbread!itsjustjuwah in Jena loved it
looks soooooo . . . good
thanks for the recipenakedchef in Taichung loved it