Pizza StromboliFrom bakermel 8 years ago
- 1 package (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast shopping list
- 3/4 c. warm water (110 to 115 degrees) shopping list
- 4 1/2 tsp. honey shopping list
- 1 Tbs. nonfat dry milk powder shopping list
- 2 c. bread flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 1/2 tsp. pizza sauce (I use Ragu) shopping list
- 3/4 c. chopped pepperoni shopping list
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided shopping list
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped onion (I left this out) shopping list
- 1 Tbs.chopped black olives shopping list
- 1 Tbs. chopped stuffed olives (I left this out) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. chopped canned mushrooms shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in honey and milk powder until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup bread flour, whole wheat flour and seasonings.
- Add to yeast mixture; beat until smooth.
- Stir in pizza sauce.
- Stir enough remaining bread flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 min.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14-in. x 12 in. rectangle.
- Sprinkle pepperoni, 1/4 c. cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbs. mozzarella cheese, onion, olives and mushrooms to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise for 45 min.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake @ 350 degrees F for 25-30 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 1 loaf
- ENJOY! :)
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookbakermel Topeka, KS
The Rating8 people
My son would probably hug you for this recipe,
He loves anything like this!! A bookmark and save for sure!! Thanks, you are on a roll today!!cadavis in Asheboro loved it
This is soooooo delicious. Stromboli is art. YUM. I'm rethinking the Super Bowl menu as I type. (Homer Simpson drool on my chin)notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I'm not a baker but I will give it a bash sometime? Thanxtinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!