Butter Almond Pound Cake with Butter Almond-Orange GlazeFrom silverqueen 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2-3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. Pure almond extract shopping list
- 2-1/2 cup toasted chopped almonds shopping list
- 3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup (8-oz.) sour cream shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 2 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 tsp. Pure almond extract shopping list
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. orange juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beat well after addition.
- Stir in almond extract and orange zest
- Combine flour baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream beat on low just until blended.
- Fold in toasted almonds.
- Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan cool completely
- Combine sugar butter and enough orange juice to reach desired consistency.
- Add orange zest and toasted almonds.
- Spoon over the cake
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating7 people
This sounds wonderful! Thank you!pat2me in Nashua loved it
This one really got my attention! Love the combos!!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Sounds delightful, can't wait to try it, love those super-moist poundcakes.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!