CHOCOLATE CHUNK CAKEFrom jenniferbyrdez 8 years ago
- Topping: 10 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate, coursely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans) shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsps. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350%F. Grease 10 in. tube pan.
- In small bowl, combine topping ingredients; set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla until well mixed. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. On low speed, add flour mixture to batter, beating until smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 (about 2 cups) of the batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the topping (scant 1 cup). repeat layering 2 more times. Bake 55 to 65 min. or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 min. Remove from pan. Makes 12 servings.
- Note: For better mixing results, have all ingredients at room temperature.
The Cookjenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
The Rating32 people
mmmm!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
yummy! I don't bake much because of my diet but this will make a great birthday cake for my grandson!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Terrific! :)noir in Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!