Succulent Sour Cream Pot-RoastFrom henrie 6 years ago
- * 5 lb bonless rolled chuck roast shopping list
- * 2 tb unbleached flour shopping list
- * 1 tb cooking oil shopping list
- * 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- * 1/4 ts pepper shopping list
- * 3/4 c water shopping list
- * 1 ea clove garlic, pressed shopping list
- * 2 ea small onions, chopped shopping list
- * 1/2 c tomato sauce shopping list
- * 1 ea bay leaf shopping list
- * 1/8 ts thyme leaves shopping list
- * 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- * 2 tb butter shopping list
- * 1 c dairy sour cream shopping list
- * 1 hot buttered noodles shopping list
- * 1 paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge pot-roast in flour; brown all sides in cooking oil in Dutch
- Slip rack under meat; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add water, garlic, onion, tomato sauce, bay leaf and thyme. Cover and cook in slow oven (325 degrees F.) 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Cook sliced mushrooms in butter in small frying-pan until tender and golden.
- When meat is tender, remove to cutting board. Remove bay leaf.
- Thicken cooking liquid with 2 T flour combined with 1/4 c water, if desired.
- Add mushrooms and sour cream to cooking liquid; cook over moderate heat but do not allow to boil.
- Slice beef; serve with hot buttered noodles sprinkled with paprika. Pass the cream sauce separately.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating10 people
This is great... thanks.wolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
Nice recipe, like the sour cream added to the roast.......Thankspudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
mouthwatering good! thank youu for sharing, Henrie. this certainly makes a cold day warmer.kochhexe in Butzbach loved it