Caramelized Pancetta And Fennel SaladFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- Salad: shopping list
- 1 bulb fennel, halved and cut into 1/2 inch or smaller wedges shopping list
- 5 slices of pancetta (no substitutions here) shopping list
- 2 (or more) cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp EVOO shopping list
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 5 - 8 oz mixed salad greens (in the bag in the veggie dept.) shopping list
- red wine Vinaigrette: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (juice of 1/2 fresh lemon) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 Cup EVOO (use a good one here) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the pancetta into halves or quarters.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pancetta, fennel, garlic, brown sugar, 1Tbsp EVOO, 1/4 tsp salt, & 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Next, place ingredients on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cook in the oven until the pancetta is crisp and the fennel is caramelized, ~ 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for ~ 5 minutes.
- Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- While the pancetta and fennel are in the oven, mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a blender. Then with the blender running, gradually add the 1/4 cup of EVOO. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the salad with the vinaigrette gentle, the place the pancetta/fennel mixture on top and serve immediately.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating5 people
sexy Italian dish LOL and your recipe toomystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Yummm, awesome dishmango in Marion loved it
Awesome Salad...Great Looking Too!
High5chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!