Shrimp and Scallop PosoleFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 cups (or more) bottled clam juice shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can white hominy, drained, rinsed shopping list
- 1 cup salsa verde (tomatillo salsa), medium or mild shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined shopping list
- 1 pound large sea scallops, halved horizontally shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; stir about 30 seconds.
- Add 3 cups clam juice and next 4 ingredients to skillet; simmer 5 minutes.
- NOTE: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and chill. Bring to simmer before continuing.
- Add shrimp, scallops, and 3 tablespoons cilantro to simmering broth, adding more clam juice to thin if necessary. Simmer until seafood is just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls; sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating6 people
WOW... Wolf likes this post. Thanks. Now I have a new substitute for Giada's skirt chasin dinner.
davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
Never heard of Posole before, but it looks and sounds soooo goood!!! Bookmarking it to try it out.juels in Clayton loved it
Incredibly DELICIOUS!!! This recipe is so simple and easy to make, yet it tastes like it took hours to prepare! Excellent!brandi408 in Menifee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!