Apple Pie SandwichesFrom michellem 9 years ago
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided shopping list
- 5 tsp corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 12 slices of day old bread shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Confectioners sugar, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, cook apples and water over medium heat for about 10 min. or until apples are tender.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg;stir into apple mixture.
- Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Spread six slices of bread with 1/3 cup filling each;top with remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture in egg mixture.
- Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
- Smother with maple syrup if desired!
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating8 people
Sounds good, nice to have something different for Breakfast from time to time. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Sounds delicious, Michelle - you're making me hungry m'dear! Can't wait to try this!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Something different does sound good for breakfast....Will give this a try..... Thanks Michelle...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!