Carolina Style Pulled Pork Barbeque Oven PrepFrom saltymike 9 years ago
- 10-12 lbs pork butts, boned and cut into 3-4 inch cubes shopping list
- 2 cups white vinegar shopping list
- 16 oz hot sauce shopping list
- 2 cups prepared yellow mustard shopping list
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- ½ cup dark molasses shopping list
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 4 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 Tbsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp granulated garlic shopping list
- 2 Tbsp granulated onion shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 2 cups white vinegar, 16 oz hot sauce and 2 cups prepared yellow mustard. Place cut up pork in a suitable container and pour the mixture over the meat. Stir to coat thoroughly. Place in refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and retain the liquid mixture.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large sauce pan, add the retained liquid mixture and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Place pork in a large, deep covered roasting pan. Pour the sauce mixture over the pork.
- Tightly cover the roasting pan and place in oven at 350 for 3½-4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove pork from the sauce and retain the sauce.
- Using a fork and spatula pull the pork until all the meat is shredded.
- Place in serving bowl and mix in small amounts of the sauce to desired consistency.
- Serve hot (may require re-heating). Great with baked beans, slaw and fried potatoes.
- Also makes a great sandwich on a toasted bun topped with slaw.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- schubo52 North Chicago, IL
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- markeverett Riverside, CA
- sirshawnthebrewer Akron, OH
- kimmer Dunedin, FL
- cheryilyn Salem, OR
- coffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- janick04 Hamilton, OH
- crabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksaltymike Naples, FL
The Rating15 people
I'll be making this one soon for sure!!! I love pulled pork. Yummers. :)coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
I'm up here in 18 degree weather and I'm doin a happy dance dedicated to you for helping with the winter cabin fever at it's height. Nicely done my friend. Thank you for sharing and I will get back to youmarriage in Apalachin loved it
Sounds very good. Thanks, will save for later.kimmer in Dunedin loved it