Bachelors Bacon Egg Onion SandwichFrom cabincrazyone 6 years ago
How to make it
- Start the bacon in a large frying pan on medium high heat. When it's time to turn it, throw in the onions, spread them across the pan, lay the turned bacon on top (it helps steam the onions).
- Continue turning the bacon and onions, cooking until the onion starts to blacken a bit on the edges. (There won't be a burnt taste.)
- Remove both items to paper towels to drain, press between paper towels to remove most of the grease, and set aside. Crack eggs into the pan after removing some grease (or not as you choose). Over easy or sunny side up, the important thing about the eggs is to leave the yolk whole and remove the eggs from the pan while yolk is still liquid.
- As the eggs are starting to cook, toast the bread, then apply a liberal amount of miracle whip to two slices, leaving the other two dry. We're making two sandwiches from the four slices of toast. (No need for margarine or butter.) Arrange the onions on top of the miracle whip, then the bacon atop that. If you time it right you'll have this done before the eggs are ready.
- Place the eggs on top of the bacon, one each on the two sandwiches. Holding a sandwich in your hand, break the yolk with a butter knife and drizzle it onto the dry piece of toast (tilting the sandwich and holding it together with the knife), and spread evenly. Turn that last piece of toast yolk down atop the sandwich.
- There are a million varieties of this sandwich and I've tried them all. The miracle whip and almost charred onions add a flavor that is magnificent.
The Cookcabincrazyone Duluth, MN
The Rating5 people
As I seen this recipe.I'm like OMG.I know that I got to make this recipe.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
This is a perfect way to start a day or as I do every now and then end the day with an egg sandwich and a good beer,Thanks for the post...Bobrobertg in loved it
Just like my hubby used to make them, they are soooo goood. Thank you crazy.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!