Imam BayildiFrom greekgirrrl 9 years ago
- 4 medium aubergines (eggplants) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic, cloves crushed shopping list
- 1 green pepper (capsicum) shopping list
- 1 red pepper (capsicum) shopping list
- parsley, good handful chopped shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes, blanched, skinned and coursely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, juice of shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Slice each aubergine in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh from the aubergines and chop.
- Blanch the aubergine shells in boiling water for 2 minutes then drain upside down.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and saute the onion until soft and golden.
- Add crushed garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add parsley, chopped aubergine, tomatoes, green and red pepper, cinnamon, salt and black pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to taste.
- Arrange the aubergine boats in a baking dish and fill each one with the filling.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 50
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating15 people
Your recipes are always new and different..thanks for this one.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I love aubergines and have a similar recipe but next time I am going to make yours with the cinnamon. Thanxtinadc in Cape Town loved it
Another bookmarked recipe Eggplant is my favorite vegetable above the ground.
Michaeltrigger in loved it