Imam BayildiFrom greekgirrrl 7 years ago
- 4 medium aubergines (eggplants) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic, cloves crushed shopping list
- 1 green pepper (capsicum) shopping list
- 1 red pepper (capsicum) shopping list
- parsley, good handful chopped shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes, blanched, skinned and coursely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, juice of shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Slice each aubergine in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh from the aubergines and chop.
- Blanch the aubergine shells in boiling water for 2 minutes then drain upside down.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and saute the onion until soft and golden.
- Add crushed garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add parsley, chopped aubergine, tomatoes, green and red pepper, cinnamon, salt and black pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to taste.
- Arrange the aubergine boats in a baking dish and fill each one with the filling.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating15 people
Your recipes are always new and different..thanks for this one.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I love aubergines and have a similar recipe but next time I am going to make yours with the cinnamon. Thanxtinadc in Cape Town loved it
Another bookmarked recipe Eggplant is my favorite vegetable above the ground.
Michaeltrigger in loved it