Crockpot Barbecue-style ChickenFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 2 medium unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 large green sweet pepper, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
- 2 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks, skinned and fat removed shopping list
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker place the potatoes, sweet pepper, and onion. Sprinkle tapioca over potato mixture. Place chicken on top of the vegetables. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and salt. Pour sauce over chicken.
- . Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a large serving bowl. Skim fat from sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables. Makes 4 to 5 servings.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating12 people
sounds great gonna make these this weekjoeboudreau in Syracuse loved it
mmmm this sounds awesome!seafoodlover in Chicago loved it
I LOVE chicken and I love tapioca so this recipe goes to the top of the class ;) I have never heard of the 2 together but I'm sure willing to taste test this recipe. You've got my "5" forks on this one!!!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!