Tiramisu CupcakesFrom greekgirrrl 8 years ago
- Sponge cake shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark rum shopping list
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 8 oz mascarpone shopping list
- scant 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon marsala shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with 18 liners. I sprayed the liners with nonstick spray. (I don't know if that's necessary, but the cake didn't stick in the end so it worked)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until blended. In a large bowl, using a mixer on medium-high speed, beat the eggs until pale and thick (about 3 min). Add the sugar and vanilla and continue beating until very thick and tripled in volume (about 3 min more). Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients, and using a rubber spatula, fold gently until blended.
- Fill the liners with the batter and baking until a toothpick inserted in the cakes comes out clean. Mine only took around 15 minutes. Let the cake cool completely
- For th syrup:
- Combine the water and the sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves.Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Stir in the rum and espresso powder. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Make slits in tops of cupcakes with a sharp knife and then brush on the espresso syrup.
- For the filling:
- Beat together the mascarpone, confectioner’s sugar and marsala in a mixer until well blended. Add the cream for around another 1-2 minutes until it is fluffy.
- Using a pastry bag with the filling mixture, insert the tip in the cupcake to squeeze a small amount. Then frost the tops of the cupcakes with the filling mixture. Sprinkle cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating10 people
At least 4 would be gone before anyone else knew about them! Thanks...they look great!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Oh my gosh... these look so good. I love Tiramisu and great idea making cupcakes! Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
Another wonderful cupcake recipe - love the flavors! Got my 5!lunasea in Orlando loved it