Chicken and Hard German Dumplings stewFrom eeks 9 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- milk shopping list
- onion powder shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- chicken bouillion shopping list
- whole cut up chicken shopping list
- water shopping list
- salt shopping list
- small diced onion shopping list
- 2 celery stalks cut into 1/4" pcs shopping list
- 2 carrots cut into 1/4" pcs shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken in salted water until tender and falling off bones
- Save water, ('you'll use it for boiling dumplings') and bring to a boil
- Put chicken on large dish and cut off meat and transfer meat back to boiling water.
- Add 2-4 tsp bouillion (2 tsp per quart of water) or 2-4 cubes of bouillion to water
- add onion, celery and carrots
- To make dumpling batter: In separate bowl mix flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp onion and 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chicken bouillion granules and 2 eggs and milk as needed.
- Mix well until it gets to noodle/pasta consistency, sticky/dry, add more flour or milk to attain consistency. Not critical, but not sticking to the sides of the bowl either.
- with a tablespoon drop full spoons of batter into the boiling water until all batter is used up. boil about 15 minutes
- dumplings will not fluff up or rise and they will be firm/hard to the bite, yummy and delicious!
- Serve chicken and dumplilngs in bowls along with a nice green salad and nice Crusty Rye Bread!
- These dumplings are equally good with a boiled pork /sauerkraut or beef roast dinner substituting beef bouillion when used with beef.
The Cookeeks Gulfcoast, FL
The Rating7 people
This is nice! I like my dumplings hard, too! Somehow, that sounds a little bit naughty!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
BTW, I'm giving you my 5.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Y'all know how to put it together. This recipe sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing with all of us.peepers in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!