Italian QuesadillasFrom greekgirrrl 8 years ago
- 8 ounces bulk mild Italian sausage shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 6- to 8-inch vegetable-flavored or plain flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack and/or queso fresco (Mexican farmer cheese) (4 oz.) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or parsley shopping list
How to make it
- For filling, in a medium skillet cook chorizo or sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Pat chorizo mixture with paper towels to remove as much additional fat as possible.
- Stir in jalapeno pepper; set aside.
- Brush one side of 3 tortillas with half of the cooking oil.
- Place tortillas, oiled sides down, on a large baking sheet.
- Spread the chorizo filling over tortillas on baking sheet.
- Combine cheese and cilantro or parsley; sprinkle over filling.
- Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Brush with the remaining oil.
- Place quesadillas on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until filling is heated through and tortillas are starting to brown, turning once halfway through grilling.
- To serve, cut quesadillas into wedges
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating8 people
Mexican queso fresco is a great cheese.
This is a great take on the original Mexican Quesadillas.
Today we all borrow from each other, so long as it taste good it does not matter what the filling is.
Great substitutions is always the k...moretrigger in loved it
Most definitely.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
These sound and look great! Love that queso fresco! ^5lori4flavor in Chicago loved it