Smashed Potato SoupFrom bluewaterandsand 9 years ago
- 3-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow and/or red sweet pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons bottled roasted garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, half-and-half, or light cream shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- Sliced green onions ((optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, sweet pepper,
- garlic, and black pepper. Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on
- high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Mash potatoes slightly with a potato masher. Stir in whipping cream, cheddar cheese, and the 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions.
- If desired, top individual servings with additional sliced green onions.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating8 people
I love potato soup and this one sound wonderful.... what time is lunch.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Anything that has potatoes and cream has to be good. I'll give it a try.jasmilez in Somewhere In the Land Of Enchantment loved it
I love potato soup! Thanks for the recipe!coolnatty in West Jordan loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!