Best Corned Beef HashFrom divaliscious 6 years ago
- 3 cups left over corned beef - diced into 1-1/2' cubes or larger sizes (or substitute left over baked ham or roast beef shopping list
- 2 or 3 cups boiled potatoes cut into same size as your corned beef shopping list
- 1 large onion - finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 5 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1 small can of evaporated milk - or 1/2 cup rich milk or cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ***Equipment needed shopping list
- Glass pie pan or shallow oven-proof pan, large bowl, slow oven on 300 degrees, one lazy afternoon. shopping list
How to make it
- This is my mother's recipe which I have now inherited. What makes the difference is not mincing up the corned beef so it looks like baby food. You want to see the large chunks of food. This is fantastic the next day, fried up in a pan with an egg fried on top or placed back into the oven to bake eggs on top for a fancy breakfast.
- ***ok here we go...
- Grease pie pan or shallow baking dish with butter, including up the sides.
- In large bowl, add all ingredients and stir till combined.
- Place wet mixture into greased shallow roasting pan or the glass pie dish and place onto middle rack in the slow oven.
- Stir mixture every 30 or so minutes.
- At last 20 minutes of cooking, you may wish to push up the heat to 375 - to make your hash extra crispy.
- Serve with a large salad for dinner - or throw on eggs on top and bake for 10 minutes in oven for a great looking brunch dish!
- Voila - real and awesome corned beef hash! - I will place a photo of my own hash up soon - but it looks quite close to the photo I have provided...
People Who Like This Dish 33
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating7 people
Sounds Great! :)donman in Hammond loved it
I can't wait to make this for all my camping friends! They are gonna love me! Thanks :)werblondz in Somewhere in loved it
My hubby is gonna love this...he's a big Corned Beef Hash and Roast Beef Hash fan..you have my high 5!bobbijo in Wayland loved it