Fantastic Fish PieFrom debra47 5 years ago
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, halved and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 little extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream shopping list
- 2 good handfuls of grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 heaped tsp English mustard or French will do shopping list
- 1 pound haddock, cod or other white fish, skinned, boned and sliced into strips shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put the potatoes into a pan of salted, boiling water.
- Bring back to the boil for 10 minutes.
- At the same time, hard boil the 2 eggs.
- Steam the spinach in a colander over the pan that has the potatoes.
- This will only take about a minute.
- When the spinach is done, remove from the colander and squeeze out excess water.
- Remove the eggs from pan.
- Cool under cold water and peel and quarter them.
- Put to one side.
- Drain the potatoes in the colander.
- In a separate pan, slow-fry the onions and carrots in a little olive oil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring just to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the Cheddar cheese, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Put the spinach, fish and eggs in an decent sized casserole dish with a lid and mix together.
- Pour over this mixture the creamy vegetable sauce.
- Mash the cooked potatoes - adding a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes on top of the fish.
- Place in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Bake at 450 degrees.
- I served this fish pie with a loaf of fresh Italian bread and a homemade Cheddar cheese soup found on this site.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating12 people
I love Jamie Oliver and this sound good too. Thanks Debra 47.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Hola de nuevo... fantástica receta. Adoro el pescado y me encantan los pudines de pescado, en España se hacen mucho, pero esta receta es muy diferente de cualquiera que yo haya probado. Jamie Oliver suele tener buen gusto a la hora de mezclar sabor...moreinmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
Debra - that looks so delicious! I have go to try it, too. Thanks for the recipe, I'm printing it out....great post!lunasea in Orlando loved it