Insane Guatemalan Stuffed JalapenosFrom greekgirrrl 8 years ago
- 18 whole large jalapenos shopping list
- 18 large uncooked thawed shrimp shopping list
- 1 pack / pound of sliced bacon (approx. 18 slices... how convienient) shopping list
- Tablespoon of jarred, chopped garlic or two cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 pound of grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/8 pound of grated asiago cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and devein your shrimp leaving the tail on. Partially cook the bacon in a frying pan, just like you would for breakfast, except only on one side (you don't want it to crisp). Remove from it's fat and put it asaide. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and fine grate a bowlful of cheddar cheese and about half the amount of asiago.
- Slice a pocket lengthwise in each pepper and discard the seeds. Into this pocket sprinkle just enough cheddar to line the pepper, but not stuff it. Add a touch of garlic and place one of the shrimp snugly inside the pepper head first with whatever doesn't fit and the tip of his tail hanging out the side. Wrap this funky thing up with a strip of the partially cooked bacon.
- Place them all on a greased baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes or until the bacon begins to crisp and the shrimp is just about cooked (he'll turn pink). Remove from the oven and sprinkle the grated asiago and any leftover cheddar over the top and melt.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating9 people
love everything about this recipe, jalapeno, shrimp,bacom,garlic and cheese! yum!!!cheryilyn in Salem loved it
My mouth is watering. Thanks Greek.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
YUMMMMM Im coming and you better make it for me :)uk2nyc in Milano, Italy loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!