Turtle CakeFrom auntybea 7 years ago
How to make it
- Melt caramels, milk and margarine or butter in a saucepan and set aside, keeping it warm.
- Prepare cake mix by using the instructions on the box.
- Pour half of the cake mix into a buttered 9x13" cake pan and bake it for 15 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately pour the caramel mixture over the cake, spreading it evenly.
- Spread the chocolate chips and pecans on top of the caramel.
- Pour the remainder of the cake batter on top of the caramel mixture, sealing the edges with the cake batter.
- Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overbake.
- If you would prefer, instead of spreading the chocolate chips and pecans on top of the caramel, you can spread them on top of the warm cake once you remove it from the oven. Either way works great. (I always toast my pecans.)
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating14 people
I will defintely slow down for this one! Yummy!! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Just great!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I can't wait to try this! Yummmm!!! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!