Bacon Mushroom N Swiss MeatloafFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 12 ounces bacon -- diced shopping list
- 4 medium white mushrooms -- chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion -- finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 pkg onion mushroom soup mix shopping list
- 2 T Worcestershire shopping list
- steak seasoning shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk or half & half shopping list
- 6 ounces shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp but not burned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool. Remove all but a tablespoon of the bacon fat from the skillet and saute the mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, soup mix, worcestershire, steak seaosning, egg, and milk.
- Add the mushroom/onion mixture, all but a few spoonfuls of the swiss cheese and all but one tablespoons of the bacon bits.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well until blended.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a large loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 60 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Drain fat from the pan and sprinkle the reserved cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
Sounds fantastic. Thanks Sparrow.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
You got my 5!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
in the 'whats for dinner' group, you never mentioned it had bacon! Now this recipe is one I gots to try for that guy of mine who refuses to have anything to do with meatloaf! great posting and thanks for sharing!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it