My Stuffed CabbageFrom silverqueen 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in large Dutch oven. Turn heat completely off.
- Soak cabbage leaves in water in dutch oven 5 minutes, remove drain and cool on paper towels.
- Place lamb, rice. salt, oregano, nutmeg and pepper in large bowl, mix well.
- Place about 2 Tbsp. lamb mixture in center of each cabbage leaf.
- To form rolls, fold bottom end of cabbage leaf over filling, fold in side edges, then roll firmly to completely enclose filling. Place rolls in slow cooker, seam side down.
- Pour tomato sauce over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove cabbage rolls from slow cooker to serving platter, spoon tomato sauce over cabbage rolls.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating9 people
Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Simple. A winner :)donman in Hammond loved it
Sound like home style comfort food meet Top Chef
I love the lamb in place of the ground beef.
High Five Queen
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!